Find the latest news here, and also head over to the Healthy Ageing Partnership Facebook page.
Budget 2017 Carers
With the release of the 2017 Budget, Carers Australia has provided information about how the budget affects carers. You can find more information below!
- Reform of the aged care sector will require a bigger workforce over the coming decades.
- Funding to help service providers and disability service providers will increase both workforces, with 1.1 million more workers employed in both industries by 2050.
- The Department of Health will fund an aged care taskforce to develop its own strategy
Budget 2017 Aged Care
You can view the website here: http://www.budget.gov.au/
- Meals on Wheels and home support services for the elderly will continue, with the federal governments committing $5.5 billion in funding over two years.
- The Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) and Regional Assessment Service will stay open until at least 2020-2021.
- Changes to CHSP Aged care home packages will allow people to spend their money with providers of their choice more freely.
Aged Care Quality Framework
The Government is looking to introduce a Single Aged Care Quality Framework for aged care from July 2018. The links below will provide you with more information!
Sunshine Coast Council Draft Environment and Liveability Strategy
The Sunshine Coast Council has released their Draft Environment and Liveability Strategy. The link below will take you to the website where you can find more information, read the strategy, answer a survey and write a submission. Submissions close Sunday 4 June 2017 at 5pm.
Council invites your input on the Draft Environment and Liveability Strategy.